Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Gettin' Ready.

   Sure a great time of the year, my favorite maybe, and I'm enjoying it while I can.


Mowed the grass a few days ago for what I hope will be the last time this year.


Getting plenty of exercise out at the wood-shed.


I brought home this backup generator last week, a used 10kw propane job I rounded up on craigslist.
Before you write in and ask what happened to the 10kw propane genset I brought home and wrote about this time last year, it acquired some sort of electrical gremlin that I'm going to need some time this Winter to figure out. So this is a backup for the backup.

I set it up under cover next to the house, it was handy to wire in and access but I just hate the thought of something like that so close to a structure in case of fire. I ended up moving it into the orchard, splitting the difference halfway between the house and the propane tank and set a structure over it.
I ran a propane line over and after a bit of cranking it fired up. I hope I don't need it, but I'm sure I will. I'll leave it set-up and ready to go until March.

It would be nice if it stayed like this until Spring, but I know theres some nasty Coast Mountain weather on it's way this Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment