Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Been awhile.


   Well I don't know about you folks, but I was getting pretty tired of looking at that last story, and its been awhile since I've posted here. I keep waiting for something exciting to happen to write about, then next thing you know you get behind. Behind in what I'm not sure, but pretty soon it seems like a hell of a chore to catch up again. Gets a little embarrassing at times also, people are starting to write or drop in on their way to the hot spring to check on my well being, ...or not.
   I feel guilty checking the statcounter that tracks visits to the site, I see a lot of the same IP's come up time and time again. Of particular note is a reader out there on an Xplornet system coming out of Turner Valley that has recorded over 250 visits to the site here, a majority of those just checking to see if theres anything new I'm sure. So to this loyal reader, whoever you are, out there with bated breath in Alberta, and others like you, I'll attempt a new post, and put us all out of our misery.
    Most of the problem is always where to start, so I'm going to make it easy on myself and start right here, with a tea in the shop listening to the rain.
   
   It was a beautiful dry Fall that lasted almost to mid November.

I was mowing grass into the end of October.
I got my old tractor rescued from the last spot it broke down and gave it a good service, so I'm hoping it will start when I need it for plowing snow.

I got some second hand roofing and put metal sheets on the old tent frame. I've had tarps over top in the past but I had push the sagging snow off from underneath all the time. My tractor has spent about 38 of its 41 years parked outside, but finally got a shed of its own.


I had lots of help with the roofing from the shop-cat Spook.

    I managed to nearly fill my wood-shed enough to last the winter I hope, and got stuff put away under cover before winter. I've got a few more bits coming for my intake up the mountain that runs the generator, I'm going to be swapping out some pipe up there soon and hopefully a little better set up to deal with the cold weather I know is coming.
   So I sit here in my heated shop, with the power on and a cat on my lap and about as prepared for winter as I can get. But I know, sooner or later, life is going to get more interesting around here.
Then I will have more to write about I'm sure.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment